Fall Prevention Bingo
- To raise awareness about the different types of risk factors for falls.
- To learn what people can do to reduce their risk of being injured from a fall.
You will need the following materials to play BINGO:
- Instruction Sheet
- Bingo Discussion Guide
- Printable 8.5 x 11” bingo cards (50 different cards to choose from)
- Printable 8.5 x 11” sheets of calling squares
You will also need:
- BINGO Stampers or Pens
- A box or bag (not see through!) to put the calling squares in
Print your bingo cards:
Print enough cards to give one (or more) to each player. Make sure you print different cards so that there are only one or two winners at a time, or if you want more winners, make sure you have enough prizes!
- Click here to download and print 25 different cards (Set 1)
- Click here to download and print 25 different cards (Set 2)
- Click here to download and print 50 different cards
Print your calling squares:
Print two sets of calling squares. One set you will cut up and put into the draw box or bag. The other set you will keep beside you to cross off / mark the squares as they are called so you can check the winner’s card.
The caller should familiarize themselves with the rules of the game below.
Print your discussion guide:
Print the discussion guide and familiarize yourself with it. During the game, you will use the discussion guide to ask questions of the players about fall prevention.
Playing the Game:
1. Give one (or two) BINGO card to each player. Ensure they also have a pen/marker/bingo stamper to mark the cards.
2. Speak briefly about fall prevention. Explain that each of the 5 BINGO columns corresponds with a type of risk and a way to avoid the risk.
- B = Behaviour
- I = Indoors
- N = Nutrition
- G = Get Active
- O = Outdoors
3. Fall Prevention BINGO is similar to playing traditional BINGO. Players will use a stamper, or make an ‘x’ with their pen on each square that is read out by the caller.
MAKE SURE that if you are going to play several games and are using a distinctive shape (U, T, E, etc.), that everyone marks off EVERY square they have, not just the ones that fit into the winning shape.
4. Draw squares from the call bag/box one at a time, until the first player to show five consecutive squares marked in a row (either horizontally, vertically or diagonally) calls BINGO!
5. That player will be declared the winner and a prize will be awarded.
6. Using the same card, a second game is won when someone has 3 complete lines (either horizontally, vertically or diagonally).
7. If you have more time, you can have a BLACKOUT game in which a player must completely fill their card before they call out BINGO!
8. Play as many games as time permits. Ensure you have enough prizes! The game is designed to teach people about fall prevention in an interactive and fun way.